Pages

Thursday, March 7, 2019

Democratic Sen. Sherrod Brown will not run for president in 2020

Democratic Sen. Sherrod Brown will not run for president next year, he announced Thursday.

The populist Ohio lawmaker, who recently embarked on a "Dignity of Work" tour around the country, said he will focus on labor issues as he tries to help a Democratic presidential candidate defeat President Donald Trump.

"I will keep calling out Donald Trump and his phony populism. I will keep fighting for all workers across the country," the senator said in a written statement. "And I will do everything I can to elect a Democratic President and a Democratic Senate in 2020. The best place for me to make that fight is in the United States Senate."

This story is developing. Please check back for updates.

Subscribe to CNBC on YouTube.

Let's block ads! (Why?)

from Top News & Analysis https://ift.tt/2Tmbpyx
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment