Pages

Friday, September 7, 2018

Tesla's Chief Accounting Officer Dave Morton resigns after just a month

Tesla's chief accounting officer Dave Morton resigned from the company after just a month on the job, the company said in an 8K filing.

In a statement, Morton said he resigned because of "the level of public attention placed on the company."

"Since I joined Tesla on August 6, the level of public attention placed on the company, as well as the pace within the company, have exceeded my expectations," Morton said. "As a result, this caused me to reconsider my future. I want to be clear that I believe strongly in Tesla, its mission, and its future prospects, and I have no disagreements with Tesla's leadership or its financial reporting."

Tesla shares were down about 5 percent premarket. A Tesla spokesperson declined to comment beyond the 8K filing.

Tesla announced that Morton joined the company as chief accounting officer on July 30. He resigned on Sept. 4, according to the company's recent 8K filing. Before joining Tesla, Morton was the CFO of Seagate Technology.

This story is developing. Please check back for updates.

Let's block ads! (Why?)

from Top News & Analysis https://ift.tt/2MYdZaO
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment